Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Project timeline update

So this post is more for me than you but I'm still going to share because it might give you some insight into just how glutten for punishment I am. Or maybe I should say crazy, loca, bites off more than I can chew or simply, "I create my own stress."

Anyway, remember that timeline I wrote about a few weeks ago? I think it's in the broken fingers post, ahh, yes, here it is below again, with the results.


"So here is my timeline:
DH's and B's (friend's son) blankets done by 9/13. - COMPLETED LATE

S's fabric cut on/about 9/12-9/14. - INCOMPLETE
P's sashing sewn by 9/20. - INCOMPLETE
J's windows & K's 4-patch blocks sewn by 9/22. - K: COMPLETE, J: INCOMPLETE
J's sashing & K's sashing sewn by 9/29. - K: COMPLETE, J: INCOMPLETE
Psalm quilt blocks by 9/30." -INCOMPLETE

So now I have very little completed off that list. What do I do instead? I add the signature quilt and a mystery challenge to my plate. And not only that, I'm still behind on designing the one quilt I really WANT to finish for Christmas for someone else in my family (on the off chance they read this blog occasionally, I do not want to give it away.)


Well, here's the revised list, the one that makes me wonder what is wrong with my idea of "relaxation." Truthfully, quilting relaxes me but do I feel I'll run out of things to do if I don't pile a bunch on my plate at the same time? Or do I have a backward sense of what relaxing really means... you decide for yourself. For me, I think it's the latter.


Today, 10/14 - complete borders on K's top.
This week:
sew J's attic window top
cut S's top pieces
finish practice quilt on mid-arm
quilt LSU blanket on mid-arm
design family member's quilt (let's call it F's quilt)
work on myster challenge blocks


Next week (10/21):
sew P's sashing and borders
quilt monkey blanket for niece on mid-arm
quilt K's top on mid-arm
start sewing blocks for S's top
work on mystery challenge blocks
choose, wash & cut fabric for F's quilt


Week of 10/28:
msytery challenge blocks
complete blocks for S' top & sew in sashing
quilt J's top on mid-arm
start sewing F's quilt top blocks


Well, that should get me started for Oct, right? Let's see if I can stick to this schedule cause I'm hoping it's not overly-ambitious but realistically, thinking it might be. Now you know why I question my sanity!

1 comment:

Fiber Babble said...

Well, lots and lots of good luck to you and congrats for making A Plan!

Have you tried the "15 minutes" method? Tell yourself that you only have to work on a particular project for 15 minutes. Give yourself permission to go for more than that 15 minutes if you get on a roll, but also be content with moving the project to the bottom of the "stack" and not feeling guilty at all.

Maybe I ought to go have a look at MY to-do stack!