Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I made stencils!

I've been meaning to get around to quilting J's, P's, and K's quilt tops but I've had this convenient excuse. (Aren't they always?)

I hate quilting from the back of the machine so panto design was out. That means I need to marke the quilts but the quilt motifs we chose off EQ6 are printed on paper. Yes, I can attach and sew through the paper over and over but I really didn't want to do that, either.

I took a deep breath last weekend and bought a stencil cutter (that's what 40% off coupons are for, after all!) I bought plastic sheets and started the task. While the cuts aren't smooth or neat, they will serve my purpose for marking quilts.





So what's the point of this post? To tell you that while it looks daunting, if you are only making stencils to be able to trace the design onto a quilt, go this route. It's easier than you think! The stencil cutter was about $15 regular price and frankly, cutting 6 or 7 stencils already gives you your money back right there. You are ahead of the game if you get it on sale like I did at JoAnn's.

1 comment:

Barb said...

That looks like fun too. Something I would do. No JoAnn's on this island.