Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm off on vacation! Paducah here I come...

I'm going to be offline this week. Off to see hubby in Clarkesville, TN and then to Paducah on Fri. and Sat.

The kids are parceled out to others, I'm off work and I get alone time with hubby. I cannot wait for it to be official tom. am!

I plan to sew, browse more blogs and stories about those favorite quilts and go to a live quilt show...

"Heaven... I'm in heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak.
And I seem to find the happiness I seek,
When I'm browsing quilting blogs from week to week.

Heaven... I'm in heaven,
And the cares that hung around me through the week,
Seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak,
When I'm viewing quilts piece by piece.

Oh, I love to climb a mountain,
And to reach the highest peak.
But it doesn't thrill me half as much
As when foundation piecing points always meet.

Oh, I love to go out fishing
In a river or a creek.
But I don't enjoy it half as much
As when finishing a frogging leap.

Quilt with me!
I want to hear your presser foot click.
The charms of all our fabrics
Will carry us through every stitch .

Heaven... I'm in heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak.
And I seem to find the happiness I seek,
When quilting pushes me through the hours of the week."

Hope you get a chance to enjoy your week this week, too!

B

2 comments:

Candace said...

Hi Becky - what a great poem! And since I fly fish - even better! I also see that you are a contract negotiator - I think we have a lot in common as I work for an organization that negotiates teachers contracts! You left a comment on my blog for the bloggers quilt festival - this seemed to be the only way I could contact you! Thanks so much!
Cheers!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Hi Candace, if you check back here that is, the "poem" is an adaptation of the song Dancing Cheek to Cheek. I think it's out of a Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers flick. :)