Saturday, May 1, 2010

Someone Slap me! Kentucky Derby

So the hubs was taking a nap when I placed bets for the derby. I don't bet horses much, only the Triple Crown races. It's a family thing.

Well, he picked the trifecta (the top three in the correct order) just before the race started. My dad said, call in the bet, I said, "nah, we won't bother."

DUMB, DUMB, DUMB!  The hubs would have won $2300 and change off a $2 bet or $23K if he had bet the $20 bet he would have laid down if I called.

Ahh, oh well. It is at least bragging rights for the hubs!

:-)  Good job, hubby. I promise, I'll bet your picks when the Belmont and Preakness Stakes come around.

4 comments:

Shay said...

That 23k (which is about a million Aussie dollar with conversion) would have got you a great holiday to Australia! To see me ! Or you could have flown me there to see you !

Oh well, you're right. It's a great story. How did hubs feel about losing out on the 23 k?

Sarcastic Quilter said...

he just said, "see? I told ya!" lol

Barb said...

Do you feel the boot kicking your hinney???

Susan Entwistle said...

And he will be placing a bet today, right? I'll most likely stop on my way to or from my Bernina Guide class. I pass the OTB. Not that I pick an winners, mind you, but someone has to bet on the longshots :)