Friday, July 30, 2010

Fabric... mmm

I forgot how nice it was to have new fabric in my stash! I wanted to purchase but was able to curb it mostly by keeping in mind I didn't have a way to get other fabric out of my stash.

However, I participated in Myra's PhD challenge for the first six months of the year and out of the participants, was randomly chosen to receive a prize from our host.  I'm tickled pink (or should I say purple?)! Check it out...
I can't wait to make this pattern with these fabrics. I know I have complimentary fabrics in my stash to make a larger size.   I have a thing lately for lap size porch quilts and this one will fit right in.

Thank you, Myra, for providing opportunity and incentive to get some unfinished projects completed! I will be back next year to keep it going.

(Of course, this also means I'm really fighting no more fabric purchases and it's harder each day with the sewing machine in sight.)

Cheers! Beck

5 comments:

Myra said...

You are most welcome Bec!

I look forward to hosting anther such challenge starting next January with your company again, as well as getting some of my projects DONE!!! 8-)

Have a great weekend!

Paulette said...

That's some great fabric and I love that pattern. Can't wait to see your quilt!

Barb said...

What a fun win....

Shay said...

Congrats on the win. I think the universe sent it to you to remind you of what you're missing.

QuiltNut Creations said...

Congrats on the win. Looks like a very fun pattern.