Thursday, July 1, 2010

I did not last

I did not last the summer without attempting some sewing of some sort.  Admidst the house hunt, the job, various other events, I have decided I'll try hand sewing.

I bought fabric, cut them all into squares and started hand sewing the squares together. This is a daunting task considering I know I could whip this up in something like 1.5 days on my machine!  Alas, hand sewing it is.  I've decided I'll also hand quilt this one when it's done just so I can say I've made a quilt, completely be hand.  I am also certain it may be YEARS before I think of doing it again.

Should be pretty though, check out the fabrics. :D


6 comments:

Shay said...

Oooohh Ahhhhhhh...that fabric is delicious. Really cute. What is it and where did you get it?

And as if you were EVER going to last a whole summer without quilting...

Sarcastic Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarcastic Quilter said...

Oh shush Ms. P. Now is not the time to point out how right you were all along! ;)

Nah, I bought el cheapo fabric at JoAnn's by my mom's house when I was visiting. I love the colors and was looking for something that could specifically work for porch sitting in the fall.

Barb said...

love the fabrics...

Lane said...

Love those fabrics. And for some reason, with 5 machines, I've started to hand sew. Enjoying it, but it won't last. Lane

Myra said...

Gorgeous fabrics Becky!!! A hand project is always good for a grab and go... 8-)