Saturday, July 24, 2010

If I never blog again, send help

...it means I didn't make it back from my recent trip.

This summer, I seem to be takin many long road trips. This weekend, I drove from VA to TN (11 hrs) to celebrate the Hubs change of command ceremony. This means only outprocessing for the next few months before retirement after 27 yrs. in the army. Hooray!

Then we are driving 9 hrs to and from OK o drop a dog off for hunt training and I'm back to VA again.

So back to my original note, send help if I don't return to blogland soon. Our last known location as I type this is near signs for Hillbilly Junction while driving on highway 60.

Really, I think the dog smelled Deliverence when we stopped atthe one country store/ gas station/ local hangout and made fast time of relieving himself & getting back into his crate.

I just wanted to let you all know I loved ya and was thrilled to have you pop in.

Cheers, Beck

ps- if I do return, I still love you but can we pretend I didn't say it? I hate all that touchy feely crap. Great, thanks. I knew you'd understand.

6 comments:

Myra said...

Have a great and safe round trip Beck! Mums the word on that touchy feely stuff when you are back!!! 8-)

Shevvy said...

Ha! My journey next week from London to Limerick seems tame in comparison! Even though it means going through 3 countries, england, wales and ireland!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

You're funny! Congrats to your husband and to you too on the change of command ceremony...it's an impressive event and certainly worth the trip.

If you make it back, there will never be one mention of the love between you and every person who ever read your blog. If you don't make it back, that's all we'll talk about! Have a great trip!

MGM

Shay said...

I for one wish you would stop driving all over the US because I really miss you and your posts ...

I dont like that touchy feely crap either so I wrote this comment in invisible ink. If you rub a potato on your computer screen this message will appear.

Susan Entwistle said...

Enjoy the road trip!

Barb said...

Please return.....