Friday, December 10, 2010

Fabric choices, help please

The first and second photos are for the rest of the family that is dealing with a seperation. The playful fabrics for a 10-year old girl and the others, for mom.    I will let the tops be a surprise but wanted to tease you a bit with this.



The 3rd through 5th photos, I request assistance with. College-bound son is bringing home a girl for Christmas. (No concerns he's overly serious, I think it has more to do with just being independent for once and enjoying that. He's coming to VA from college in ME.)  Anyway, I can't not have something for her to open so an easy laptop quilt is in the works. The backing is zebra print minkee. The front will be 3 colors. These are the choices. So, which option wins?

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Brilliant minds, clue me in! (And no, I'm not telling you the pattern. lol - you have to choose based on the fabrics alone. hehe)

Cheers! Beck

12 comments:

Mary Lou Casada said...

Love the fabrics!! :-) Especially the grouping for the mom. For the college student, I like option #2 -- variation in scale, nice colors together, a definite light, dark and medium, at least to me! :-) What fun!
Blessings,
Mary Lou

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm with Mary Lou - option 2! blessings, marlene

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

My selection would be option three. It seems just a little more bright for a young lady.

Michelle said...

Option 2. :-)

Paulette said...

I can't tell from the photos, but is the dark on the right side the same in all of them, or is it darker in 1 and 2?

I like #3. The paisleys are fun, especially against that bottom left red & white fabric, and with the zebra minkee on the back. It'll be cute!

Shay said...

If you want cute and funky I'd go for Option 3 for a young lady.

Love the happy fabrics at the top for the younger chicklet too.

And if you are making a laptop quilt case thingy, Miss P needs one too! If I like it I'll be sending you the dimensions of the computer ...

Marg said...

I like option 3 :-) actually I love option 3.
Is this going to help, with us all choosing differently?

Janice said...

I say Option 3. I love the paisley.

Kate said...

Great fabric choices across the board. I like option 3, the paisley is fun.

Barb said...

I like one....I am always different....hummmmmm

So exciting to have your son come home...

Heartsdesire said...

Without seeing the pattern, I think I like Option 2. Hope we get to see the finished quilt.

Gari in AL said...

If you haven't already chosen, I would vote for Option #3 as it seems a little more feminine, I think.