Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm not feeling it

I've been working on a quilt for a family friend's daughter.  Mom and dad just seperated and with little extra cash, I thought it'd be nice to make the two girls a small lap quilt.

Here's the details: She's 13, likes blues, greens, brights, retro...
The blue with white circles is the minkee backing I'll be using.  The triangles, various fabrics I picked out. I had a nice little pinwheel variation but I did not read the cutting instructions carefully so I had to just cut all triangles and try to figure out something else because I don't have any spare fabrics.

Anyway, I started laying some out just to "see" if random would work. I'm not feeling it. What do you think? My 14 year old daughter, who has similar tastes, said it's cool but then again, she's said that about ALL quilts in progress, even the really, really, really questionable ones. LOL


E.T.A - I think I'm scrapping the triangles and will kill 2 birds with one stone. I think I'll make the first "take" of the quilt along quilt we discussed for next year for this girl. I'm off to stasth-bust for colors but just in case I can't find what I want, please still let me know your thoughts on this look.  Thanks!

6 comments:

Lane said...

I love them both! I love the brightness and the business and the contrast of the darker blocks with the white background blocks. Whatever you choose, enjoy it. I know what chore it can be to work on one you're not feeling. But, don't let this one get too far away from you. Lane

Myra said...

I think they are great!!! Seriously! It has the wow factor when eyes first set on it!!! I say go for it! You are heading in the right direction!!! 8-)

Shay said...

Im loving the loud random thing you've got going on there but that probably comes as no surprise.

I think you should push on and finish it. I bet she loves it. The backing is fabulous.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The colors are so bright and vibrant - just like a teenage girl! And the randomness is perfect!

Marg said...

I love the bright colours, I think it looks great and I love the 'randomness'. I agree and think you should keep going with it.

Michelle said...

Looks fantastic! I'm wondering if you're psyching yourself out. Since you intended to do pinwheels and messed up maybe it's coloring (no pun intended) your view of the quilt. It really is cool. :-)