Friday, December 31, 2010

Ringing in the new year

Ladies and gentlemen,
I'd love to ring in the new year with you with a look back at what I've done this past 2010 but frankly, one minute I look at it and say it's too much to list, the other, I can barely remember a thing.

Then I think about listing my quilts in a pretty little montage but did you know I'm just enough of a perfectionist that if I forgot one, I'd be really annoyed?  (Plus, I don't know how to montage and Flickr sends me to Snapfish who wants to charge me for a poster.)

So I thought maybe I'd just enjoy everyone else's posts and simply say, Happy New Year.

Until I saw Yahoo headlines.  Gee, I love Yahoo some days. Full of inspiration.

This is what I saw: "2011 Astrology Predcitions."

I LOVE how this became a headline! (Not really.)  Of course, I had to go read and then I had to post. 

I won't bore you with my romantic horoscope because I'm happily married and frankly, I'm not sure the hubs would appreciate knowing I have been given carte blanche by the stars to be more self-centered in my relationship or that I can "expect a windfall of romantic interludes" this summer.  Yes, sometimes, this Capricorn doesnt charge right in to butt heads, but takes the longer way around the mountain if that's the most advantageous path. So, ixnay on the omanceray. (Is that successful pig latin?)

Now, I WILL bore you with a summary of my other two predictions just to illustrate for you why these things work and suck you in.

My overall prediction for 2011 basically states that I've weathered a bunch of change recently (uh yeah) and that I'm getting used to it and getting stronger for it. (That's good because I feel a whole lot more tired.) It goes on to disappointingly state that for the next 14 years or so I can basically expect more change but won't I be a super human after that with all my strength?  Okay, it doesn't say I'll be a super human but I do have to wonder what is the point of being so strong after 14 years of "shedding layers" and change if I'm too tired to live a life?

And then there is this, "This year the focus shifts from a lifestyle focused on gadgets, information and social networking to introspection, home and family."  I'm sorrry my new and old friends. This now gives me carte blanche to be even more distracted away from my blog and you all.  The stars said so.

"You are about to encounter your most uncensored raw self on levels as of yet unprecedented. Ready yourself, Goat, because this spring an explosion of fiery planets in Aries sweeps the very base of your horoscope getting you back in touch with some of your most primal instincts. Competition, aggression and the need for plenty of physical outlets ensue." What the hell, maybe I should take up mixed martial arts with all this prognosticating.   It's either that or, combined with my career horoscope, I'm going to be crazy competitive in my quilting.  What do you think? Want to take me on in a quilt throw down? Just let me figure out how that could be done and I'm there, baby!

The money part, sure, it could apply. Nice to know I'll be a freaking miser for the next 14 years but don't you worry people. Even though the stars say I will be ignorning you often, apparently when I do have something to say, it will be "In any case, your way with words is apt to become poetic and inspired, which can only make the world appear infinitely more beautiful."

Have you had enough or do you want to know what is predicted for my very predicatable career?  Okay, you asked for it. It looks like I am going to make my career even more important over my domesticity this year.  Now, I wondered how the heck that could be since I just didn't think I was doing that in my current job. I work often but not to the point of losing many family hours. Then I realized, maybe this is a lead in to what I've been wanting to do but have hesitated to do for a while now. I don't know... it says March to May will be the worse. I wonder how that's going to happen since March is the Lancaster Quilt show and April is the Paducah one and I'm certain I plan on quilt show hopping as much as possible this year! lol

This part, though. This really scares me. "There is just so much going on at such an alarming speed that even you -- one of the most grounded and head-strong signs of the zodiac -- could suffer from an oversight or two."  What ELSE can go on and happen. I thought LAST year was full of breakneck speed changes and happenings. ARGH!!  (When I write to complain and ask for help being picked up off the floor after life has wiped it with me, just remember I'll ask with poetic pizazz.)

"What you produce, practice and put out into the world will have reverberating consequences for the next 13 or so years so be sure that you only put out work that is top-notch (as if you could ever live with anything less)."  SHIT! I was hoping, in the next couple or few years that I could have a quilt related business just opening up. I was thinking of maybe even branching out with some feelers this year but hell, now I might just screw up if I do that b/c 13 years is a long time to get over putting out something that isn't top notch. 

But then, maybe not. "Late September-early October offer the best opportunities to get recognized for your efforts. With the monopoly of planets in Aries pushing you to put yourself out on a limb despite Saturn's usual reserve, risk-taking is infinitely rewarded in 2011. Go for it!"

And there you have it, the unvarnished truth of how my life will go in the year 2011. I hope your horoscope is less back and forth than mine.   (Or maybe you can have as much enjoyment and humor in readiny ours as I did mine.)

Cheers and Happy New Year!
Beck

4 comments:

Shay said...

Apparently Im changing jobs mid year (or getting pay rise - take your pick )

And apparently my love life is going to be hot hot hot.( FOR THE NEXT 14 YEARS !)

I'd like to believe both those things were true. I dont think I ever told you my mother is a qualified astrologer, so if she tells me something is going to happen I believe it- some random general horoscope not so much.

You can montage on photobucket. If I can do it anyone can...

And I cant believe you said fuck in my comments. Potty mouth. lol

Kate said...

I was going to wish you a happy New Year, but that feels like such a puny suggestion considering your potential for the next 14 years. I will look forward to you "poetic and inspired" posts whenever you can emerge from either your family focused life, your competive exploits or the change filled, breakneck speed of your life the next year.

Happy New Year anyway!

John'aLee said...

Your posts always bring a smile to my face! Love your outlook on life girlie!

Myra said...

Wow! Happy New Year... That is all I have the energy for today... 8-)