Monday, April 30, 2012

Northern VA & nearby residents - a bus trip

For any of you in the general area of Northern VA, the Stafford Piecemakers Guild is hosting a bus trip to Lancaster, PA on Saturday, May 19.

Last year, they stopped at Intercourse, PA with antique shops, craft shops, a small quilt museum and a couple quilt stores and even better, in Lancaster County they stop at Burkholder's Fabric. A store in the Amish community and with the best fabrics.   I believe it's the same itinerary this year.  I've been on a spending hiatus in anticipation of this trip... :-)

QUESTIONS?
POC: Pat Burroughs
Open to everyone 18yr or older, $45 non-members, Checks payable to: Stafford Piecemakers Quilt Guild
staffordpiecemakers@gmail.com 

I went last year for the first time and while not a member of the guild, it is open to non-members again this year. They would like to fill the bus and only need 11 more people.  I am arranging to go today, in all liklihood and would love to see some (ahem, Barb!) of you along.

Just calling out to you, Barb. I know I've been a silent friend and thought I'd publically acknowledge that with my heartfelt apologies for being so distant. Work overtook life for quite some time there and then hubs and I had some things to work through (more on that on Favorite Things Friday, though).

Anyway, here's the information and contacts. I do hope we can fill the bus and go. I had such fun last year and I didn't know anyone except the person who invited me.  It's well worth the day... if you need a place to stay overnight instead of driving back to your home (hmm, Susan? or AmyLou? can kids go to in-laws?hehe), my home is open to you.

Cheers!
Beck

4 comments:

Barb said...

When is it?

Shay said...

Darn it. I wish I could go!

Kirsten's Cooking said...

you'll be about 30 minutes away - wave when you pass York! :)

Heidi Grohs said...

Awe. I wish I still lived in Alexandria. This made me sad!!!