Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pillows,pillows, who's got the pillows?

I have the pillows!  Using this post on Sew Mama Sew, I created covers for a couple pillow forms I had.

If you want a quick uplift to your couch pillows, these covers are the way to go. You can use any fabrics, designs, etc. Just follow the basic measurements and basic rules and go for it!  

First, I chose a focus fabric and then I added borders.  Very simple.
Next I quilted the pillow front and then applied the backing.  Oh, I love this simple, simple technique.
Last note, I've been saving these babies for a friend of mine. I don't think she'll mind that somewhere in the process of one, I lost a 1/4" or so and now the sizes aren't exactly equal. Heck, she has kids... in about a day they probably will all be distorted anyway, right? -wink-
Go, check out Sew Mama Sew if you've never been. It's a fabulous resource.

Cheers!
Beck

5 comments:

thea said...

Those are really cute.

Jessie said...

My house really needs more pillows! I keep saying they're next on my list...

Shay said...

LOVe that idea for quick and easy cushions. The possibilities for fabric combos are endless!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Love the pillows!!

Kim said...

Love, love, love the fabric!! Your cushion is very cool....one can never have too many cushions, can one!!